18-months ago I was living a typical suburban life in Australia. But the life I 'really' desired was very different.
A screenplay is the script and shooting directions for a motion-picture production, so how about writing yours!
In February 2015 I wrote down a description of what I desired my day to day life to look like. Here are some of the notes I made . . .
- I regularly go to art galleries, museums, cultural events and festivals
- I feel really supported by the universe and those around me
- I get to just show up, be myself, and witness the value others receive when I do that.
When I wrote these things down they were not part of my everyday life.
I didn’t feel supported by the universe.
I didn’t feel like I could just ‘show up’ especially in my business. There was always loads to preparation I needed to do before even showing up for a client session.
And I very rarely had the opportunity to go to art galleries, museums or cultural events.
Today, my reality reflects what I wrote back in 2015.
Is that because of the simple fact that I visualised what I desired and wrote that down?
Harvard University conducted a study to find out what leads to success in career and life, here is what they found ...
- 84% of people had no specific goals at all
- 13% of people had goals ... but they were not committed to paper
- 3% had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them
My goals were clear and written down, but I had no plan to achieve them. Nevertheless they have been realised!
So lovely Reader, I imagine you have some strong desires for what you want your life to look like … but have you written them down? Or are you waiting for (in seat reason here) to happen before you can live the life you desire?
Have a go at writing out a 'life script' ....
- Take some time out to connect with the day-to-day life you really desire.
- Write that down!
- As often as possible connect back in to that reality and 'feel' it in your body
Who knows what your life might look like in 18-months?
Of course taking some new and different 'actions' are definitely important and you will learn what those actions are just from seeing and feeling the end result.
Is this helpful to you? I'd love to know in the comments below.
P.S. For loving support and accountability with identifying your own goals come and join me in the Lightworkers Business Circle.